UAN Login: How to login UAN member portal login
UAN Login or Unique Identification Number is the unique single identification number, which is mandatory for every individual who covered under Employees Provident Fund Act. UAN acts as single point of interaction where the individual issued multiple member identification numbers (in the case of change of job etc.).
How to UAN Login?
UAN is mandatory for every individual who covered under Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act. UAN is the single point where we can see many PF numbers are linked (in the case of job changes) to the same UAN. Usually, it is the employer who will register and provide the UAN to the employee. But it is important to note that all such employees issued only single UAN number. Which will act as an umbrella for all the PF accounts which are allotted by different entities to an employee?
So, whenever the employee changes the job, the new member ID allocated by the new employer should be linked to the existing UAN or should obtain and activate UAN (in case he does not have one). This UAN serves as a single point of transaction and communication, wherein the KYC details need not obtain and attached each time the employee changes the job and also, many member ID’s can be assigned to a single UAN, facilitating ease of operation and improvement in the quality of PF related services. As well You can check EPFO Login here.
How to obtain and activate the UAN?
There are three ways to enable the UAN received from the employer, the procedure for the same given below.
Option 1 – how to activate UAN with PF number
- Ensure that you have received your UAN from the employee since the employer is authorized to register and obtain UAN for the employees.
- Log into the EPF website – https://uanmembers.epfoservices.in, and it will direct you to the link where you will notice activate button below UAN. Please click on the activate button.
- Once you click on the button, you will redirect to UAN registration page where you will be required to fill in precise details like UAN, mobile number, PF office and state, PF member ID as allotted by the employer, etc.
Option 2- how to activate UAN through mobile
- Once you login to the app, click on the button “Get Pin” to receive the code which will activate the UAN. You will receive the pin through registered mobile number.
- Once you receive this code, it should use for UAN activation.
- If your verification or authorization is successful, then a new window will open saying that the credentials have verified.
- In the same window, you will be asked to create the password for UAN login purpose. After the successful creation of the password, UAN activation procedure will come to an end.
- On completion of this procedure and after successful submission of UAN activation form, you will receive the UAN user ID and password through SMS on the registered mobile number.
Can we check UAN status online?
- The EPF portal allows the account holder to check the status of UAN for which you will require following details.
- PF number which allotted by the organization which you are working for.
- Select state and PF office along with PF number and click on “check UAN status. This will show whether the UAN has been registered or activated or not.
- The EPF portal will also allow the employer to check whether the UAN has been generated or not. For checking whether UAN produced or not, you will need to fill in following details.
- Request ID (which is received while submitting the registration for UAN)
- The EPF portal will alert the employee to activate the UAN once the employer has generated it and given to the employee. The UAN can activate with following details.
- Name of the account holder (employee)
- Date of birth of the account holder
- Mobile number of the employee
- PF number as allotted by the employer (this is usually present in the salary slip)
How does UAN process flow?
- For existing members (who already registered under EPF organization)
If the employee is already registered (if you don’t know I you are registered, please check whether the employer has been deducting and depositing the PF contribution from the salary), then UAN allotment is auto-triggered. However, KYC details need to be updated either by the employer or by the employee (after due verification of the employer).
- For new members (who are yet to join job or are unemployed)
If the new employer deposits the PF contribution on behalf of the employees, then the UAN Online Transfer Claim Portal will intimate the employer to either submit or register for new UAN. If the employee has UAN, then online verification will be carried out by the new employer. If all details are correct, then KYC details need to be updated.
Why is UAN required?
Besides being a mandatory requirement, UAN comes with so many benefits as below.
- Regular updates and alerts
When the UAN issued and activated, the employee gets the alert and SMS whenever there is contribution credited to the PF account. This will facilitate the employees to know whether their company is depositing the PF contribution periodically or not. UAN facilitates the employees to check their EPF balance as on date with a simple SMS facility wherein the employee is required just to send the UAN to a number, and in return, they would get the current EPF balance through SMS alert.
- Access to PF statement
PF statement which now dubbed as UAN statement or UAN passbook can easily and conveniently view as well as downloaded. This Passbook will display the current balance as well as all transaction details (like deposit of PF contribution by the employer to the account, any withdrawal, etc.)
- Umbrella account
UAN acts as a single point of communication and transaction on EPF transactions. Every PF number allotted by different establishments appear under UAN of the employee. For e.g. if Mr. A resigns from entity P and joins a new firm Q, then both the PF numbers about entity P and firm Q will be displayed under UAN of Mr. A with the PF balance as on date and other transactions like deposits and withdrawals if any.
- Transfer of EPF balance
One can transfer the EPF balances from one account to another account and that too it gets done automatically. The employee need not apply for transfer of EPF balance from the previous account to current PF account number when the PF numbers linked under a single UAN.
Old PF account about previous employment will be of no use since the EPF contribution will need to done in new PF number (given by new employment). In such cases, auto-triggered PF transfer will be a big boon.
- Easy Withdrawal
EPF withdrawals where the employee has left the job before June 2014, are exempted from the requirement of having UAN as a mandatory requirement. Others who not covered therein are required by law to get their UAN activated so as to be able to withdraw from their PF account. The best part is that the employees can file the online claim for PF withdrawal. However, for online withdrawal, the employee needs to link ADHAAR number to KYC details of UAN.
Main reason for introducing the UAN as a unique identification number is ease of operation and independence from the employer. UAN facilitates every task and activity related to EPF (regular alerts, withdrawals, etc.) at the convenience of the employee and more importantly, it does not need any prior permission of the employer. Here onwards, no employer can withhold the PF balance and harass the employees on PF withdrawal.
- No restriction on employment
UAN is not just for employed people but also for those who are looking for the job or are searching for a job. Unemployed and those who are students can also get the UAN online. This is because EPF organization is trying hard to reach to the employee without the intermediary role of the employer.
- Inoperative accounts
As per the survey, there are almost 25000 odd PF accounts which are non-operative or are dormant. This means that either the companies are shut down, or the employees have not succeeded to withdraw or file the claim for the PF balance in their accounts. With an introduction of UAN, inoperative accounts will mandatorily link under UAN, and these accounts will open for activities.